Saturday, January 21, 2017


SEMILLA

When creating a comic book character, you have to give a lot of thought to it to get the results you want. That's what I did with my character Semilla. Semilla which means see in Spanish was the angel I wanted. Have a plant man of Latin descent. I had a Latin male model and his name is Sami Torrealba. Here is Sami as Semilla:

 Sami also modeled my two other characters, ComicBookGuy and Liquido as well. Sami did moved on but I was grateful for his help.

I wanted to still keep Semilla alive as my goal was to bring him to a convention. I began to look at Model Mayhem and came across Joey Garcia's profile. He knew a lot about comic books and more. We met in person and he agreed to model Semilla but wanted to model ComicBookGuy which I agreed as he was perfect for that character as well. Here is Joey as Semilla:  

  Here is Joey Garcia's video as Semilla: 


Joey moved on but I wanted to bring Semilla to a convention. I found another model to model Semilla but he became cocky and arrogant and never made his debut as Semilla. One day, I placed an ad on Craigslist, looking for a male model to model ComicBookGuy which I fond him but someone else answered and his name is Andrew Andrade. When I interviewed Andrew, something about his professionism and positive attitude that besides hiring him, made me change the Semilla from being an evil eco terrorist to an ally to ComicBookGuy. Here is Andrew as Semilla:

   
Andrew will be making his debut as Semilla on 5/28/17 at Megacon at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fl.    

No comments:

Post a Comment