Monday, August 17, 2015

INCINERATE
Hey Everyone, I want to share with you my character Incinerate. Tatiana Karmanova (the first Shiverlique) mentioned to me that Shiverlique should have like a sister or brother or both to make the stories more interesting. The idea sounded interesting but what type of character to create to complement Shiverlique. An inspiration came to me while I was watching “A Year Without Santa Claus.” They had two characters “Snow Miser” and “Heat Miser”. They were brothers and have a love/hate brotherly relationship. This is what I needed to create a sister for Shiverlique, a sister with the power of fire. Now to come up with a look and name. Like I did with Shiverlique, I looked up words associated with hot, heat and fire. During my search, one word stood out “Incinerate.” This was the perfect name for my new character. For Incinerate’s look, I wanted something different. I went to a costume shop and found what I was looking for. A red cape, a skull belt, black sleeves, a choker and a red & black wig. I needed a main piece and maybe some boots but I also needed a model someone that was Russian. A placed an ad on craigslist looking for a model of Russian background. Some responded but one that caught my eye was a model and her name is Irina Pashinina. She knew make up, acting and had experience in runway and promotional modeling. I contacted her and set up a meeting with her. We met and she loved the idea, as she wanted to do something.acting and had experience in runway and promotional modeling. I contacted her and set up a meeting with her. We met and she loved the idea, as she wanted to do something like this and Incinerate was now born. Here are pics of Incinerate:



For the Incinerate character, I developed a catch phrase for her. Here it is “Come on baby, let me light up your fire.”

    I kept Tatiana updated and she contacted Irina. After clearing their schedules, we were able to do a shoot involving Incinerate vs. Shiverlique. Here is a pic of that battle:






Now, I wanted to give exposure to my characters and spread the word about my project. Megacon was coming and what a perfect opportunity for exposure. I mentioned this to Irina and she agreed to come to Megacon. Later, I received an email from Irina. Curious, I opened my email and read it. She was looking forward in going to Megacon but she wanted to give Incinerate a better look. She sent me a sample and my reaction was “WOW!!!” Here is how Irina changed Incinerate’s look:





    She went to Megacon with this look and impressed the people there. With this new look, we created a video thanks to Scotty Swemba. Here is the video that Scotty edited and directed it while I wrote Irina’s lines:

We also did a mini photo shoot called Incinerate’s metamorphosis. Here are pics showing Incinerate changing from her old costume to her new one:







With much pain, Irina has since moved on. I learned so much from Irina and should she ever decide she wants to come back to the Hall of Comics, the doors are always wide open to her.  
  I needed to look for a new model-to-model Incinerate and someone who was Russian. I went on the modeling site Model Mayhem and found Oxana Postmaya. I sent her an email and a few days later, she contacted me and we set up a meeting. We met and liked the Incinerate character and agreed to model her. Here is Oxana as Incinerate:


 My makeup artist also liked the Incinerate character and wanted to do some upgrades. She used a different eye make up inspired by “The Hunger Games” and she did not used the wig but her natural hair. Here are some of the new changes:



For the next comic book convention, the make up artist suggested a new costume; long fingernails and a different make up style. It paid off, as Incinerate was the center of attention. Here is a pic of her new look:




La Rumba 100.3 FM invited us to come on their morning show and Oxana attended with our team. Oxana has moved on after that but she did an amazing job as Incinerate and the doors of the Hall of Comics are always open to her. What’s next for Incinerate? Stay tune to find out.



Til next time.

       



No comments:

Post a Comment