Sunday, August 16, 2015

NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS
   When I started working on my Antioch comic book, I had someone told me this was a long shot. After that person’s comment, I set to prove him wrong. My website,www.hallofcomicsabs.com was created. I linked my website to all social media from Facebook to Instagram. I created a mission statement “Bringing the superhero in you to life.” I hired models to model my characters and to make appearances at comic book conventions as well as a make up artist, a photographer, graphic artist etc. Everyone was doing this as a trade for service where everyone benefits. You would think everything would run smoothly but sometimes it doesn’t happen.

    Recently, I was feeling and saying to myself “What did I get to myself into?” To the point, I was thinking about cancelling this project. Something that I found made me change my mind. It was a paper that I wrote when I was in college. I began to read it. The first sentence “The little engine with his load started to go up the hill and said ‘I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.’ When he reached the top of the hill, he started to go down the hill and said “I know I can, I know I can, I know I can.”

    I kept on reading the next example of the tortoise and the hare where the tortoise challenged the arrogant hare. The hare was way ahead of the tortoise so he decided to take a nap while the tortoise kept on going and went on to win the race. Here is the part of my paper that really hit me where on 2/6/1990; Iron Mike Tyson took on an unknown Buster Douglas. Buster Douglas was a 46 to 1 underdog but he went in the ring with the then unstoppable Mike Tyson. Mike Tyson was able to knock down the challenger but he came back up. He kept on coming at Mike Tyson, throwing punches and not giving up until the unthinkable happened, Buster Douglas knock out Mike Tyson in the 10th round to become the new heavyweight champion of the world.

    You might ask, what is the point of this or what do they have in common. They were all underdogs and despite the odds against them, they overcame those odds and went on to do the impossible. No matter what the odds are or what challenges you will face, never give up on your dreams. Defeat is not an option. Surrender is not an option. Nothing is over until it is over. Always remember that when you have a desire to quit.

Let me know what you think and until next time.

Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment