Thursday, August 27, 2015

KUNAI NINJA WARRIOR




When I saw an ad on Craigslist about modeling Kunai, I thought I would be a perfect fit for the character and was excited in being part of something new. I always appreciate new concepts and twist on the old and typical way in doing things. Modeling Kunai, it is fun to have an alter ego to meet fans and celebrities. It’s enjoyable to relate to other characters as an alter ego like other ninjas and more.
          To prepare for this role, my secret is that I starve myself, lol. Seriously, stretching myself and watching Jet Li movies. I also make sure I’m in peak physical condition and full of energy. When doing photo shoots and video shoots, I embodied Kunai’s past and let that rage fuel me. I have made several appearances as Kunai and when letting the fans take pictures of me and walking down the aisles of the convention hall, I feel mysterious and dangerous. I also feel intimidating towards other fans.



So far, my experience modeling Kunai has been amazing. Meeting Laura Vandervoort (Smallville, V, and Bitten) at Megacon 2014 was an AWESOME experience.


Meeting Robbie Amell (Firestorm) and Caitlin Snow of “The Flash” at Megacon 2015 because they were complimentary of our project  


In regards to promote diversity, there is an overall lack of Asian superheroes in the comic book world and with the Antioch project, it is both exciting and fulfilling to be a part of a diverse cast. Quoting Gandhi, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” If you have something that needs to be change, go out and change it. Don’t let anyone tell you no.

Written by Jet Chan


No comments:

Post a Comment