Sunday, August 23, 2015

WORK IN PROGRESS
JASON TRIBUE  
Native Rochesterian not a "comic book" artist by definition but always had a dream of doing my own books. I can remember myself at the at the age of 7 years old, sitting on the living room floor after watching Saturday morning cartoons with my pen/pencil and notebook paper designing my own comic book heroes and plagiarizing cartoon scenarios in my own stories(what do you expect from an 7 year old?)  Asides from comic, my true love was drawing nature in its many forms...especially birds and fishes. My love for comics grew at an early age and had set my goals to become a comic artist of some sort by the time I reached Junior High. Regrettably, life happened and those dreams were put on hold. Despite the approval of many of my closest friends, I didn't see what they saw in me regarding my talents. Not thinking I had it in me to compete with others who I thought were way talented than I. I eventually learned later,(a long time afterward) that it didn't matter about the others. I had to find the confidence within myself, and prove I had something to add to the table. And if not, just to do something that I enjoyed doing...being creative and sharing it with the world. With a very short stint. studying at the Rochester museum of Art before moving to Central Florida at the age of 14 to eventually going for a degree in commercial art. Throughout the years, I attempted to do my own thing. As an artist, you have your creative processes and ideas of doing a graphic novel or comic book, using the characters I created as an 8 year old, eventually evolving them and creating more along the way. Creating a series that was put on the back burner many times, seeing thatthere was still room to grow and develop as an artist and I was never truly happy with the work I had completed, always finding faults in my own work, being my own worst enemy. Now many years later, I'm finally in a "happy place" as far as being comfortable with my work, but still seeing room for improvement.
A personal milestone came when I was introduced to Mr. Alex Bonilla through a mutual friend, needing an artist to add some creative chemistry to hsi already established "Hall of Comics" venue. The offer being a surprise since at the time, the last thing on my mind was actually doing work for someone else in this field in any sense of the world. Had a rocky start, but soon adjusted to it...the rest is what they call history.
I still choose to call myself a "work in progress." because there's still a lot to learn and Hall of Comics is one of the many formats in which I choose to do it in. In the past few years, I've gone to several comic/art conventions and have met many talented people (you know who you are...much thanks) who are always willing to give tips and hints to be successful. Establishing my own incorporation to eventually license and distribute my own work and having acquired a collaboration or two in the works with various other artists(Too soon to maky any formal announcements). Add that to all the other media that I've graced my art upon...it has been a blessing and the start of something new and adventurous. A toast...TO THE FUTURE!!!
Your Truly 
Jae Tee

      Contact info:
JasonJayebirdTribue@facebook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment