Monday, August 17, 2015

SPICE WOMAN WARRIOR
When you are creating comic book characters, creativity must be a factor. I wanted to have a female ninja but I wanted to have a special name for her. I remembered an old children’s rhyme “Sugar and spice and everything nice. That’s what little girls are made of.” The word spice caught my attention and thus it became the name of my female ninja. I then created a mini bio for Spice:

“An attractive thief who works for the highest bidder. Depending on her mood, she will keep the object that she had stolen for her customer after she has been paid or she would ask for more money. She will steal an object one day and then return it the following day just for the fun of it. An expert martial artist, she will not go down without a fight. She has a certain attraction for ComicBookGuy and will fight along his side.”

    I need a model to model my female ninja. At first, I wanted a Latina to model Spice and I hired one who I thought at the time would be perfect but things did not worked out so I had to looked for another model.

    I came up with another idea of making Spice African American and found the model. She was very professional and a quick learner. I do not remember her name but here is a pic of her as Spice:


She helped us out one more time playing a would be victim for the Firearm photo shoot. After that, she moved on.
I still needed a model to model Spice as I was planning to make her debut at Megacon. I decided to go back to the traditional way and have an Asian to model Spice. I found Tina Leung. She did an awesome job at the photo shoot. She took direction very well and was very professional. This is Tina's look at the photo shoot:

Tina, made her debut at Megacon as Spice. She changed her look for Megacon. She is how she looked for Megacon: 







Tina moved on after Megacon but I am grateful what she contributed to the Spice character. I did not make any changes or updates to the Spice character until 2013 when I came across the profile of Angela Phan. Not only is she beautiful but she also knew make up, photography and photo shop. I sent her an email via Model Mayhem and she responded and we set up a interview. Once we met, she told me she wanted to do a project like mine. I ordered her costume and we set up a test shoot. This was the final result of Angela's transformation into Spice:





Angela made her debut at the Orlando Toy & Comic Con as Spice and we did a photo shoot of her with Jet Chan aka Kunai:





Angela left for awhile as she had a baby but has returned not as Spice but as Diamond so stay tune to see her as Diamond.

Thanks to Angela's contribution, the Spice character was very popular on Facebook so I needed to find another model. Thanks to Model Mayhem, I came across C.D. I sent her an email and she responded. We set up an interview and I hired her. I ordered her costume and she made her debut at the Superhero Toy & Comic Con in Orlando Fl on 11/9/14. For this event, we changed Spice's look. This is Spice's new look:



Here is Spice at the Superhero Toy & Comic Con with Walter Jones, the first Black Power Ranger:


Spice returned to MegaCon on April 2015 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando Fl. Here she is at Megacon:



Stay tuned for more about Spice Woman Warrior.

Til Next Time and let us know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment